End User Testing
• Sign manufacturer– still working on environmental tests. They have asked the lab to help them look into equipment for in house environmental testing. They won’t be doing the matching grant due to timing issues. If we have this next fiscal year and they overcome their coating issues, they will reapply
• LED manufacturer – Working on setting up a meeting to discuss results and next steps and going over reports
• Electronics – Meeting on the 10th to talk about test results and best next steps for them
• Metal working facility– working on a prelim meeting in June with them about going aqueous and using a student intern or something in the fall on this project.
• RI testing assistance for MEK– results sent, connected them with vendor. Emailed for an update last week
• Bicycle manufacturer - couple of tests done. Will do parts testing this week and send them to company to work on. Talked with OTA about their progress.
• Remanufacturing-repair facility– called to restart work.
• Microelectronics – working with them and DEP to have them ok their cleaning process
Maid service evaluation. Attended convention for April 8th and 9th. Had a display at their vendor fair. Presented project updated to over 100 attendees. Waiting for surveys to be returned from franchises. Working on list of products and chemicals to get in for further testing.
Small Contract Work
Ongoing or Completed
• Testing equipment for steam vapor cleaning (IEHA connection). Evaluating range of applications for cleaning and disinfecting. Have agreement in place and will begin evaluating product during summer
• Kitchen grease trap cleaning, all purpose cleaner.
• All purpose testing
• Follow up testing for all purpose and glass testing
In the Works
• Floor care cleaning process evaluations– discussion with IEHA and company on floor cleaning process evaluations. Will include ergonomic evaluation. Waiting on approval from front office.
• Activated water performance testing – plans for performance testing on latest model – in addition to disinfection testing. Visit from marketing and research planning on coming to UML for a visit end of month. Possibility of lab trip to corporate head quarters to see their set up and work. More trips to Seattle planned for field testing.
• Asphalt cleaning from tools
• No touch cleaning system – soil removal testing (and maybe microbial testing) done on a no touch system. Have unit and will be finalizing project scope.
• Vacuum cleaner evaluation - call to discuss next steps of vacuum vs. dust mop comparison.
• Formulation project – possible contract to assist with formulation efforts. Planned call for early May
Database Web Tool
DIY section for CleanerSolutions as separate site. Reviewed preliminary mock up and shared with some from TURI for comment. Moving ahead with content population.
• Progressing with initial testing protocols for activated water. Met with company to discuss next steps
• Steam Vapor – testing system using
• Working on summer plan for testing
Do-it-Yourself Cleaning Recipes
Have student working during summer on videos for recipe making and performance testing. Working on gathering new recipes
• University of Washington to discus field testing partnership follow up call set to go again in May. Reps from activated water company coming here to work with us then maybe sending lab staff to corporate head quarters
• Maid Review project conference April 8-9
• Community conference April 14
• CIRI Green Cleaning and Science conference – April 27-29, Georgia Institute of Technology
• Disinfection work part of the SHE event on April 29th.
o Kate receiving internship award from UML
• Mass Facilities annual meeting on May 3rd at Green Start meeting. Also have a table to be manned with OTA and interns
• Training for facility management and green cleaning from December rescheduled to May 13th in Springfield